Thursday, October 01, 2009

Whole grain penne with garbanzo beans and zucchini


Ingredients:
1/2 pound whole grain penne cooked as per directed in the package
2 teaspoon sundried tomato pesto (as per Heidi's recipe or store bought)
1 table spoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
1 can garbanzo's rinsed
1 medium sized zucchini sliced as half moons
2 table spoon shredded basil

salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Heat oil.
Add garlic an wait till they turn golden brown.
Add zucchini and wait for say 2- 3 minutes they will be caramelized on one side
Now add garbanzo's, salt, pepper and saute for a minute.
Add the cooked pasta with say 2 tablespoon pasta water, sun dried tomato pesto and basil.
cook in medium flame for 2-3 minutes till all flavors merge.
Serve hot or cold.

3 comments:

  1. ur illustrations are so cute! I have answered your questions in my blog under your comment so that others who have the same question can also get their answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'll be sure to post updates about any upcoming books/ebooks.

    And your drawings are very cute, I love that it's different than your standard food blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Swarna..Thanks for letting me know..The colour of the text was white, now i fixed it.

    Do Try the Soy Curry and let me know.

    ReplyDelete