Monday, January 26, 2009

Tofu Chili Plate - Healthy Family dinner


I have been a passive blogger for about 3 years now. I started food blogging to distribute my recipes to my friends, but since last year after seeing so much activities going around the food blogs ...my new resolution this year was to make my blog active too.....I was thinking of a way to do it and then I came across Meeta's Monthly Mingle hosted this time by Michelle of WhatsCookingBlog...wow!!! what a way to start...so here I go with my contribution.


My healthy dinners are usually prepared on spot with the ingredients I have at hand and this was one of them...I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed.



Ingredients:


1 block of super firm tofu or pressed firm tofu, cut into long thin strips

1/2 green cabbage shredded finely

20 grape/cherry tomatoes

4 long green peppers sliced thinly(I used cayenne peppers, you can use de-seeded Jalapeno if you cannot find cayenne peppers)

1 small spear of broccoli sliced thinly

1 shallot diced


1 table spoon of pine nuts(you can use any nuts you have at hand)


1/2 spoon cayenne pepper powder/ red chili powder

black pepper and salt to taste

1 spoon chili oil( if you do not have this, use normal oil and a pinch of chili /cayenne powder)


2 teaspoon oil

A non stick pan/wok



Method:

Heat the pan till it becomes really hot ...add oil to the pan
Now add shallots, peppers, cabbage, broccoli, cayenne powder and stir fry for say 3 minutes. The vegetables will start to wilt and your kitchen will start smelling like stir fry restaurant.

Now add the tomatoes, black pepper and salt ...saute for another 30-40 seconds and transfer into into a plate


In the same wok/pan add the chili oil and stir fry tofu with a pinch of salt. Add it to the stir fried veggies.


As the last step... in to the hot wok add the pine nuts and toast them till they start to brown slightly and add it to the plate.


Your healthy dinner is ready...eat it when it is hot and enjoy!.



3 comments:

  1. I am sorry I really don't know what Thamitkai. I will ask my friends and let you know if I come to know what vegetable it is. By the by, your tofu plate looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to have you join the MM! Events are a best way of meeting new people! The tofu recipe is also another sure way of making new friends ;-) Thanks for the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the quick response Mythreyee...


    Thanks Meeta, your MM is great!!! Will try to participate as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete