Monday, January 19, 2009

Theratipal

Microwave Theratipal

Theratipal also known as paal kova or milk halwa is very famous dessert of TamilNadu, India.
This version is one of the simplest, Few years ago I came across this particular ratio in one of web page. So I did not invent the recipe, just listing it for my fellow bloggers to try.

Ingredients:

1 can condensed milk(Do not use fat free condensed milk..believe me I tried and the result was ...yuck)
3 spoon full fat yogurt
1 spoon ghee or clarified butter



In my microwave 1200 watts with power set to 100% this takes 6-8 minutes.
So adjust settings according to your microwave.

Take a microwave safe bowl and add all the ingredients, mix well.
Microwave it for 2 minutes, take it out mix well and microwave for another 2 minutes.
Do this till you get a crumbly kind of mixture. I will try to post a picture showing exact consistency...usually that is achieved at about 7 minutes.

Make sure you do not overcook. The correct consistency in other words is the one where there is no milk liquid but neither it is rubbery. If you tend to cook for long duration it will be burnt become rubbery .

Serve it hot or cold. I like serving it hot with vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment